The RIS mission is to facilitate discovery of knowledge and enhance educational opportunities by providing secure, sustainable, scalable and integrated research technology services in a collaborative and diverse environment.
• Provide a continuum of support from self-service to consulting engagements.
• Reduce risk exposure by properly securing data and systems.
• Allow researchers to focus on research and not IT Infrastructure.
• Operate a more cost efficient IT Infrastructure realizing the economies of scale.
• Integrate disparate systems for more efficient utilization.
• Align delivery of solutions within research time constraints.
• Cultivate an environment of transparency and inclusion.
• Leverage WashU’s governance and compliance institutions for directions and insight into priorities.
• Develop enterprise–level research services to support varying degree of needs and scope.
• Allow faculty to focus on research and not infrastructure.
• Centered around data and high performance computing resources.
• Reduce risk exposure and inefficiencies of distributed systems.
• Provide value–added integrations to reduce complexity and decrease time to discovery.
• Increase institutional funding competitiveness.